CLASS - XII POLITICAL SCIENCE CHAPTER – 7 - SECURITY IN THE CONTEMPORARY WORLD
Answer the following questions in SHORT
1. Define security?
2. What are core values of a country?
3. Name the traditional notions of security.
4. What is Deterrence?
5. What is defence?
6. What is balance of power?
7. Give any one example of terrorist attack on US.
8. What is alliance building?
9. What is internal security?
10. What is external security?
11. What is Referent?
12. What are CBMs?
13. Name Arms control treaty.
14. What are the sources of threats.
15. What is human rights.
16. What is migration?
17. Name any two health epidemics.
21. What is cooperative security?
22. Name any one measure used by India to strengthen its security.
23. What is disarmament?
24. Mention the efforts towards arms—control.
25. What is human security?
26. Define global security?
27. What are the various new threats to security?
28. How is terrorism a security threat?
29. How are human rights a threat to security?
30. How does global poverty affect security?
31. How does migration affect security?
32. Are health epidemics a cause of security concern?
33. What is Cooperative Security?
34. How are threats the posed by the third world countries different from those of developed states?
35. Is terrorism a traditional or non—traditional threat to security? How?
36. What are the choices available to a state when its traditional security perspective is threatened?
37. What is Balance of Power? How could a nation achieve it?
38. Is environmental degradation a threat to security? Explain.
39. What is a military alliance? Explain with examples.
40. How do nuclear weapons act as deterrence for security?
Explain. Long Answer Type Questions
1. What is security? What are the internal and external aspects of traditional concept of security?
2. How is cooperation possible in traditional security?
3. What is the Non-traditional concept of security? Explain.
4. Examine the new sources of threat in contemporary world politics.
5. What is Cooperative Security? When is use of force justified?
6. What are the security concerns of India? What are its traditional and non-traditional forms? Substantiate your answer with examples.